HOW DO I SUBMIT MY WORK TO AMUSEDOM? Any one can submit samples of their work to Amusedom by clicking on any of the submission buttons through out the site. For added convenience each content menu on the site has a submission button of its own. Please remember that to submit work, artists are required to be registered and to adhere to the terms of the submissions agreement.
In the submissions editor page:
1) Choose a submission format (pull down menu on the upper left of the submission editor page)
2) Upload your pages (add pages button)
Read the file format instructions and tips in the submissions page and then upload your files. You can upload multiple pages all at once or individual pages one at a time (recommended for smaller projects). If your project is sequential like a book or magazine, make sure that the pages are in order and that the “splash pages” (if any) line up correctly. Use the editing tools to rearrange the pages if necessary.
Graphic formats you can use:
- For books and illustrations (and for now) use .JPGS (medium resolutions are recommended for good quality and performance).
- Other graphic formats such .png’s, .gif and .pcx are allowed but not recommended (poor quality or much bigger than necessary). PDF files will be allowed in the next version release.
TIP: Using the Photoshop layers and text tools is an ideal environment to develop your book pages. Once it looks the way you want, freeze the page (merge visible or whatever method you like) and save “the copy” into a .jpg file.
TiP2: You can export to .jpg (Photoshop) from any page layout program or from pdf. Just make sure you export to a high enough dpi resolution to cover the absolute pixel size recommended here. You can resample the dpi and adjust the size of the page in Photoshop afterwords.
What size of image:
Medium-resolution .jpgs are ideal (9 setting in the jpg saving file settings in Photoshop). The size of the page to upload should be the size you would like to see the art when magnified (1 to 1 for the magnification size looks by far the best). The book will resize itself to fit the screen that is viewed on. A good rule of thumb is to make your pages 72 to 100 dpi (screen resolution) and at an approximated 6” x 8” aspect ratio. 1200 by 1600 pixels at 200 dpi works well for wider vertical formats (European comics). Adjust the aspect ratio to fit your needs (1000 by 1600 pixels for American elongated vertical comic format for example). Use any aspect ration you wish within the overall size, and keep all your files (for the same book) at the exact same pixel size for uniformity, and for the book to look right. If there’s a difference in size the bookmaker will pick up the larger size and adjust (add white spaces) the rest of the pages.
WHAT ARE THE MAIN CONTENT FORMATS?
• BOOKS (any book-like group of content that is sequential and/or suitable for a book-like display, including magazines)
• ILLUSTRATIONS (single-stand alone pieces of work suitable to be displayed in a slide-show-like format)
• WRITINGS (stories, poetry, books, novels, screenplays, etc, anything creative in written form)
• BLOGS (traditional blog article-like submissions)
• LINKS (an external link to a website, content or blog that you would like to see integrated and displayed in the Amusedom space)
• GAMES (personal computer, web games, downloadable games, browser games, free games, puzzles, games)
• DYNAMIC BOOKS (beyond the virtual book- dynamic, interactive, animated, hyper link HTML5, web 2.0 graphic story telling)